Annual Picnic at East Yuna

After the Nanson 80th Anniversary Mass on August 11th,   about 60 people including the Caminian pilgrims (those who had completed the Camino San Francisco) headed out to East Yuna to the memorial site which commemorates the locationo of the first mass celebrated   in 1923 by Monsignor John Hawes.  A couple of the Yuna children stamped the Caminians passports and then Caminians were  presented with their certificates by Bishop Michael Morrissey and Fr Robert Cross.  Everyone enjoyed either a barbeque or picnic under the shade of the gum trees with damper and billy tea for those who wished to savour a  taste of the bush.