St Mary Star of the Sea Carnarvon
Drawings were completed in 1934 to replace a church built in 1901.
This Church was designed by Hawes in Inter-War Romanesque style and was built of locally manufactured concrete blocks with a corrugated iron (originally fibrous cement) roof.
The completed church was blessed and opened by Bishop James O’Collins on 10th November 1935.
Play the Audio Tour
Visiting the building
The Church is located at 2 Rushton St Carnarvon. It is not open to the public.
Enquiries Phone: 9941 1768
Saturday 7:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m.